Community Forum

Is comcast allowed to change the agreed price??

Highlighted
New Poster

Is comcast allowed to change the agreed price??

Hi,

I negotiated with a comcast agent a TOTAL monthly price of the internet service of $44.99.  I asked for this price because CenturyLink in my region offered $45/month and I was going to end my comcast service.  I am on a 12 month agreement for $44.99 / month.  That was the status of my account early this month.  Now towards the end of the month I see the following on my bill:

- "balance transferred from June 6":  $29.70

- "Internet equipment rental": $13

- Your XFINITY package: "$44.99"

Looks like the sales agent has hidden the real cost of the service, as he/she assured me that the total monthly payment will be $44.99.  Is this the usual practice of XFINITY to lie to the customers to get them to use their service? If I knew this is going to happen I would have connected through CentryLink, but now I'm stuck with XFINITY in a 12 month contract!

New Poster

Re: Is comcast allowed to change the agreed price??

Good to know. I've had a similiar issue where the agent fails to mention the extra costs. Now, I never speak to an agent without a bill in front of me which has all the extra fees. 

New Poster

I find it very strange that they've charged me a factor of 2 greater price than advertised: lying even about $0.01 is a breach of the deal that's considered illegal in most of the first world countries.   Unless there is an honest mistake somewhere....  I'm about to find out by talking to a representative.

UPDATE:  I ended up doing that, and I was told that the equipment rental must be included separately from the internet service.  I ended up downgrading my service from 150 Mbps to 60 Mbps so that the totla monthly bill (with equipment rental included in it) is under $45.  Hopefully it will stay that way for 12 months.

Official Employee

Hello, dmiivanov, thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible, and I get how important it is to know exactly what's on your monthly bill. I'd love to have the opportunity to take a look at this further with you. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!