Community Forum

Internet only options

Frequent Visitor

Internet only options

When I manage my account, there are no options for internet only service, yet I know plenty of people that have this service.  Why doesn't Comcast make this available to existing customers?

Expert

Re: Internet only options

@aroth3132 wrote:

When I manage my account, there are no options for internet only service, yet I know plenty of people that have this service.  Why doesn't Comcast make this available to existing customers?

I don't know any broadband provider that shows single services.  It's because they would rather you bundle multiple services so you can get that "discount" for bundling.  Individual services won't give you any kind of discount, and promotions will be small.  So, basically, you end up paying everyday pricing.  In order to get any kind of a discount you would have to talk with a rep.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

That's a garbage response. Verizon and Comcast both show internet only options for new customers. It's my experience that Comcast doesn't show internet only options after you become a customer. They make you jump though hoops to make account changes like this.
Regular Visitor

Hey - 

I recently found that you can log in and get the rate card for your area that shows you all the (non-discounted) prices available for your address - https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card  

It's a good starting point. 

Frequent Visitor

Those rate card prices are absurd for Xfinity internet as a single service. Yet, Verizon will sell you 100/100 Mbps internet only service for $40/ month with no contract. Basically the only way Comcast will cave to that price and comparable speed is if you threaten to cancel service. It's a terrible business model.