Community Forum

Internet only, but charged $10 Broadcast TV fee

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Internet only, but charged $10 Broadcast TV fee

I recently switched from Internet Plus to Internet Only (Performance).

When I check out https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/myplan it says I have $39.99 in internet charges and $10 broadcast TV fee. I also have $2.58 in random TV taxes. Can you please fix my account to reflect that I no longer have TV? Thank you!
79915971-602B-4439-A4BE-73C5BA5E1CD2.jpeg
Official Employee

Re: Internet only, but charged $10 Broadcast TV fee

Hello jhtrico1850, Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums and I completely understand your concerns. After you downgrade, you won't see the changes until your next statement. This includes any TV Broadcast fee, Reginal Sports fee, and prorates. If you would like, I would be happy to look over your account and see if everything is correct. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi, I am also an internet only user and am being charged a "broadcast TV fee" ??

Frequent Visitor

I wanted to get on the Internet Only plan but it was more expensive than the TV/internet bundle. Why is that?

My bill shows 

XFINITY Instant TV 10+ Channels

Performance Plus Internet Download speeds up to 60 Mbps  for  $44.99  

but add in TV broadcast fee of $20.32 and other taxes and modem rental fee it comes out to  $73.19

why am I being charged so much for the TV broadcast fee?  I don't even watch television AT ALL.

Frequent Visitor

On the Xfinity price sheet Effective January 1, 2019 Broadcast TV fee is $10. Why am I being charged $20.32?

Official Employee

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for your question and I understand how this can be frustrating. I would like to look at your account if you don't mind and see what these changes are in your fees. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".