Community Forum

Internet Only Plan

Frequent Visitor

Internet Only Plan

Hello Comcast

My $29.99 internet + 10 channels expires next month and I am shopping for another provider or an internet only plan from you all.. BUT all you guys want to offer is $59.99 + 10 channels.. now this sounds good and all until you factor in the $8 broadcast fee (which your reps lie about and say it's a legally mandated fee required by the government.. it's not!) Plus taxes! That takes the bill over $70! When I was speaking with the rep on the phone I mentioned that ATT is offering 50mb/sec for $40 in my area! They just laughed and said that's a good deal.. one rep offered me internet only for $59 for the same speed as internet plus 10 channels.. you guys have to have something less expensive than that! I'd at least save the broadcast fee. I really don't want your bloated cable prices... Also, all the chat and phone reps want to offer is plans with home phone (who even has those anymore) (Also a rep said to me "You do to need a home phone, everyone needs one, you just don't want to pay for it" I was like excuse me!) and no i don't want or need home security.  I already have as security system and I just monitor it myself.  I just find it very frustating talking to these reps especially after I tell them exactly what I want which is just internet.  ITs like you guys don't want to offer internet only.

Also how is blocking new users from sending private messages a step in the right direction to improve Customer Service?? Dish network never did that on their forums.. there is a reason why Comcast is the most hated Company!

Also, I want to be clear, at this point I am just shopping to a new provider in March.  I know how Comcast did me last year and wouldn't even talk about a new deal until my current deal was up and I actually cancelled..  They then called back a hour or so later after I had a new provider scheduled for install.. This year I am going to have a new service ready by the time comcast expires.  If that new provider is comcast, that is great but if its someone else comcast wont be getting a second chance on a call back.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Internet Only Plan

Per Chat this morning

"Devin ,  I would like to inform you that we cannot downgrade the services over chat however I would love to see the options for single internet as per your needs."

Is this because you want me to call in and be pushy with services I do not need?  No wonder comcast is the most hated company in america!  I think I have decided to just go back to AT&T, I never had issues with them being pushy and their internet worked fine for my needs

Official Employee

Re: Internet Only Plan

Hi devin37354, I would be happy to check for any offer for you from here.