Community Forum

Internet Fee Increase

Regular Visitor

Internet Fee Increase

I just received a new monthly bill from Xfinity and noticed an increase in the cost of the internet plus service from  $44.99 to $59.99!  Yes, a $15.00 a month increase.  Wow!  If  I do my math correctly, thats almost a 35% increase!   Reciently, our internet service had been terrible.  In fact, this morning I had no service at all at home.  For the last several months, this is a common occurance.   The internet service at home is terrible when it works.  It comes in and out constantly. 

I spoke to a very nice young lady who explained that there was nothing she could do and If I changed to a "plan" the cost would be a few dollars more!  I am very disappointed and feel that, because of the horrible service, Xfinity should be lowering my monthly bill instead of increasing it!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Internet Fee Increase

Have you had a technician out to troubleshoot your connection or just lived with it?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes, several times.  Nothing ever changes.  In fact, it is now worse than ever and costs more!

Regular Visitor

Today, the internet was out again for the 2nd day in a row!
Regular Visitor

As a follow up, I have tried to contact Tom Karinshak
Executive Vice President, Customer Experience and Care Operations.  It seems that there is no way to contact anyone in the executive offices!

The only way is to post on this forum.  What a shame!  I wanted to send an email to him and tell him exactly what I thought of the horrible service and the incredibly large increase for services that don't work.  I guess it is time to do some serious shopping for a less expensive internet/phone service.

Regular Visitor

I searched and searched and found a way to contact Mr. Tom Karinshak's office.  I sent an email explaining my situation and feelings about the increased cost of the internet services.  I also explained how unhappy I was with the services.  I received a response from his office (Allan A.) asking for verificaion of my account.  I will follow up with any results!

Frequent Visitor

I would love to here the response on this one. I to have had a huge increase in my bill this month and it is now out of my budget. I hope someone takes notice of this sooner than later as I talk to people everyday that are jumping this sinking ship as the options for better service and options are at much better and affordable pricing than what Comcast is offering. Not to mention they do not seem to care at all about customer loyalty and retention. I have been a Comcast customer for at least 20 years now. If I do not get assistance regarding the exorbitant increase in my bill, which I can't afford, I will be leaving Comcast for greener pastures.