Community Forum

Internet Bill Increased

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet Bill Increased

My internet bill increased from $68.99 to $88.99.
Last month (and all previous months) the "Blast Internet" was $54.99 and "Equipment & services" was $14.00.
This month the "Blast Internet" is $74.99 (the Equipment is still $14).

I asked the "Xfinity Assistant" "Why is my bill $20 higher this month?"
I clicked "Explain my charges."
It showed that my "Regular monthly charges: $88.99."
I clicked "I need more help."
I was given the option to click "Troubleshooting," "Manage my account," "View bill (PDF), or "Make a payment."
I typed, "Why did my bill increase?"

I clicked "Issue or dispute."
I clicked "My bill went up."
I got the response that "The total amount is $20. higher this month because of a change in your monthly recurring charge."
I clicked "Explain my bill."
I was brought to a page to pay my bill, set up autopay, or contact billing support.
I clicked contact billing support.
Since Xfinity Assistant wasn't able to help, this time I chose the forums because I don't have a Reddit or Twitter, or Facebook.

Why is my monthly recurring charge $20 higher?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet Bill Increased

@anonymous0 wrote:

My internet bill increased from $68.99 to $88.99.
Last month (and all previous months) the "Blast Internet" was $54.99 and "Equipment & services" was $14.00.
This month the "Blast Internet" is $74.99 (the Equipment is still $14).

I asked the "Xfinity Assistant" "Why is my bill $20 higher this month?"
I clicked "Explain my charges."
It showed that my "Regular monthly charges: $88.99."
I clicked "I need more help."
I was given the option to click "Troubleshooting," "Manage my account," "View bill (PDF), or "Make a payment."
I typed, "Why did my bill increase?"

I clicked "Issue or dispute."
I clicked "My bill went up."
I got the response that "The total amount is $20. higher this month because of a change in your monthly recurring charge."
I clicked "Explain my bill."
I was brought to a page to pay my bill, set up autopay, or contact billing support.
I clicked contact billing support.
Since Xfinity Assistant wasn't able to help, this time I chose the forums because I don't have a Reddit or Twitter, or Facebook.

Why is my monthly recurring charge $20 higher?

Notices of increases can be found on your billing statement a month or two before it takes effect.  Always read your billing statement beyond how much is due.  Take the last couple of statements and compare them with your current statement to find why there is an increase.  It sounds as though a promotion you were on has expired.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!