Community Forum

International calls I did not make!

Regular Visitor

International calls I did not make!

Hello,

I hope I can get some help here.  I just got notified that Xfinity took $1612 out of my checking account for my monthly bill which should have been less than $300.  The majority of these charges are for international calls that I did not make over a 4 day period.  There are 4 different numbers that were called at the same time to Castries, SA over 100 times.  How is that even possible?  I have contacted Xfinity multiple times with promises of a call back which never happens.  I then tried the chat option, and was sent back and forth between voice and billing for over 2 hours this evening.  I have been with Xfinity for many, many years and have never made an international call.  No one seems to care or want to help me.  I have been told each and every time that the issue has been escalated, but no one ever calls me back.  When I contact Billing again, it’s like I am starting all over again because no notes have been taken.

I hope that a representative will read this and help me out!

Expert

Re: International calls I did not make!

@PSands wrote:

Hello,

I hope I can get some help here.  I just got notified that Xfinity took $1612 out of my checking account for my monthly bill which should have been less than $300.  The majority of these charges are for international calls that I did not make over a 4 day period.  There are 4 different numbers that were called at the same time to Castries, SA over 100 times.  How is that even possible?  I have contacted Xfinity multiple times with promises of a call back which never happens.  I then tried the chat option, and was sent back and forth between voice and billing for over 2 hours this evening.  I have been with Xfinity for many, many years and have never made an international call.  No one seems to care or want to help me.  I have been told each and every time that the issue has been escalated, but no one ever calls me back.  When I contact Billing again, it’s like I am starting all over again because no notes have been taken.

I hope that a representative will read this and help me out!

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here. I definitely understand how alarming it must be to see such a high bill unexpectedly, and I would be more than happy to review this further with you. Please send us a PM with your first and last name to get started! 

To send a Private Message, please click our name “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you, I just sent you the information you asked for.

New Poster

This has just happened to me, was this ever resolved?  I'm getting the same run around you were getting.  My patience is running thin as I'm not going to give up and am thinking about hiring a lawyer