Community Forum

Installation fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Installation fee

I am being charged 70$ for professional installation because customer support mistakenly told me that my home was already wired for xfinity and that I would be able to use the self install kit. After receiving the kit and attempting to activate I was then told that I would have to schedule an appointment and pay 70$ to do so
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Installation fee

@rio44 wrote:
I am being charged 70$ for professional installation because customer support mistakenly told me that my home was already wired for xfinity and that I would be able to use the self install kit. After receiving the kit and attempting to activate I was then told that I would have to schedule an appointment and pay 70$ to do so

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. In reviewing your account, it appears that this charge was recently removed. Thanks for you patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!