Community Forum

Inflexibility on price

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Inflexibility on price

Having just gotten off the line with someone trying to help me downgrade my service, I am disappointed that he was not able to offer any reasonable flexibility on price. We've been Comcast customers for some time now, but the constantly rising prices for bundled internet and TV, the latter of which we hardly use anymore, have just gotten too much to bear. So, we've got a cancellation set up and will be moving to Frontier, who offers 18Mbps for $30.

I was offered Performance Starter (15 Mbps!) for $50(!) or Performance for $89. That's just unreal. I'd be willing to entertain reasonable offers to stay, but that's just not going to cut it. New customers in our area can get Performance for $40. That's more like it.

Guess we'll have to do the 6 months shuffle… or maybe we won't come back at all.

—Disgruntled

Official Employee

Re: Inflexibility on price

Hello, salansouth. I can look into improving your experience. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

in order to look at promotions, I will need to remove the disconnect order. is that ok? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes. Sorry. We were out of town.
Official Employee

I have the internet only Performance for 49.99, before taxes and fees. Did you want to change to that? 

Frequent Visitor

What are the stats on Performance? Someone tried to sell me 15Mbps for $50 before. Are we talking about 75Mbps? I'm not going to change without a firm number.

Frequent Visitor

And we need that number pronto. Frontier is scheduled to come over today.

Frequent Visitor

Too late, Comcast, too late!

Thanks for your attempt to help, Comcast employee, but we've switched.

I've checked our speed and Roku response: Frontier will be more than adequate and far cheaper.

So long […]!