Community Forum

Incorrectly charged

New Poster

Incorrectly charged

Incorrectly charged early termination fee and incorrectly billed for one month of service. I had to request cancellation 3 times. The first rep I spoke to told me she did cancel the service and it turned out she lied! I had to go back to customer service and speak to 2 different reps to even get them to confirm my service would be canceled at the end of the current service period. When they finally did confirm service would end, they did not tell me an early termination fee would apply (because I did not terminate early!). And now I get a bill that includes a charge & credit for another month of service AFTER I cancelled AND an early termination fee? I will not be paying this. There were no months left in my "contract." It was 12 months & I did not terminate it early. I have not been able to get in touch with customer service via chat or scheduled call or OR even view my contract. Correct this error.

New Poster

Re: Incorrectly charged

I can't even view the bill or any details about my account because they are on "restricted" pages. What!?

Official Employee

Re: Incorrectly charged

@jh135 wrote:

Incorrectly charged early termination fee and incorrectly billed for one month of service. I had to request cancellation 3 times. The first rep I spoke to told me she did cancel the service and it turned out she lied! I had to go back to customer service and speak to 2 different reps to even get them to confirm my service would be canceled at the end of the current service period. When they finally did confirm service would end, they did not tell me an early termination fee would apply (because I did not terminate early!). And now I get a bill that includes a charge & credit for another month of service AFTER I cancelled AND an early termination fee? I will not be paying this. There were no months left in my "contract." It was 12 months & I did not terminate it early. I have not been able to get in touch with customer service via chat or scheduled call or OR even view my contract. Correct this error.

Apologies for the recent issue as well as for the overall customer experience that we put you through.

As a courtesy, we have reversed the Early Termination Fee, credited your account for a full month of service and zeroed out the remaining balance on your account.

You should expect to receive a refund check in the mail at the mailing address listed on your account in 2-4 weeks.

Apologies again and thanks for your patience.

More information about ETFs can be found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/How-to-determine-if-you-will-be-subject-to-Xfinity-Ea...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!