Community Forum

Incorrect charging and non-helpful customer support!

New Poster

Incorrect charging and non-helpful customer support!

Hi,

I had internet speed issue and had called Xfinity customer support for assistance last month. After a long call and trying out multiple things the representative was unable to resolve my issue and said he would have to schedule for a technician visit to my place. I clearly stated I wouldn't want that service if it would be charged to me and he assured that I wouldn't be charged since the support team isn't able to resolve my issue via call. Later part of the day, I got another call from another customer care representative and he tried to resolve my issue as well via call and was unable to do that. I checked again with the second person as well if I would be charged for the technician visit and he confirmed that I wouldnt be. 

Next morning the technician came to my place and did nothing. He just said the slowness is because of the VPN I was connected to! I had mentioned about that to the two customer representatives I spoke to earlier and they denied it be the cause for the issue rather insisted I schedule for a technician visit. 

Now, I am being charged for the technician visit! Customer support says they cannot refund the entire amount but would refund it partially! What kind of scam is that!! You send technician unnecessarily and then charge customer for that?! This isn't acceptable. There is no use calling customer support. I requested the call to be escalated and the manager I spoke to was the horrible customer rep I have ever spoken to! 

Xfinity, if you take customer feedback seriously - Please train your customer reps to be able to assist simple network issues!

Regarding my case, I need the complete refund of the technician charge deducted as I was promised. This is clearly your team's fault and I don't want to be charged for the same.

Official Employee

Re: Incorrect charging and non-helpful customer support!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Incorrect charging and non-helpful customer support!

I sent out the details you requested. Please go over the message here to understand the issue!