Community Forum

Inaccurate closing date ended up with a Collections

New Poster

Inaccurate closing date ended up with a Collections

Hi,

In May 2018, my room mate took a new comcast connection to the same home. She was told by Comcast customer representative that the existing connection will get cancelled after a couple of days of activation of the new connection. Later, I realized I am being charged for the old connection and room-mate for the new connection on the same home. Based on my phone conversation with Comcast on 6/15/2018 and 6/16/2018, the issue was escalated. On 6/17, a supervisor called and told me that I don't need to pay for the days the home has two connections and I was told to pay ~$17 and leave the rest as it will be waived off. I was told that the waive-off will not reflect in the immediate billing cycle as it is very close and will be on the subsequent cycle. The account was never waived off and it went to Collections in Aug 2018. I realized about it in Dec 2018, immediately paid in full and trying to resolve this with the customer service representatives. One of the representatives said the issue was closed as paid in full (when it is never an intended charge on my account)

One of the several tickets raised was closed with the following reason

[ACTION TAKEN] RESOLVE [REASON] N/A [COMMENTS] **WDPS SUPPORT** OCA DISPUTE RVW - SVCS WERE DISCO 6/15/18. LAST PMNT ON 12/26/18 FOR $60.22. SVCS PD THRU 6/15/18. EQUIP RET & NOT PART OF BAL. BAL OF ($60.22) IS FROM OVERPAYMENT AFTER CHARGE-OFF. APPLIED 12 DAY RANGE CREDIT OF $35.49 DUE TO INCORRECT DISCO DATE. OCA HAS BEEN UPDATED TO PIF. CLOSED TKT *********

Even the above <$30 should not be on the account if they are able to listen to the call recording of the conversation happened with the customer service supervisor on 6/17. Currently, it is marked as Satisfied Charge Off (as paid in full) in my credit report. Please help on how do I go forward to remove the collections charge from my credit report.