Community Forum

In home visit fee

New Poster

In home visit fee

I am in the military and recently PCS'd to an area where Xfinity is prevalent. Trying to get things started in my new city, I needed WiFi to get things going. I ended up buying the Xfinity WiFi and TV bundle with install service within a few days which was great. Unfortunately, being in the military it can take a few weeks before your stuff gets to you're new home so I didn't have my TVs in the house when the technician came to install the equipment. The internet worked no problem, but because the TVs weren't in the house, the technician didn't even try to power on the TV boxes to see if they would work. Turns out, one of them wouldn't even turn on so now i have a $70 visit fee for a technician to come swap it out?? On the Xfinity site it says "Comcast does not charge for service visits needed to repair Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast." What happened to that?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: In home visit fee

Hi rafarr13. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. Thank you for your service to our country. I would like to assist and review the recent technician visit and the fee you were charged. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: In home visit fee

Hi rafarr13. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!