Community Forum

In home service visit charge

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

In home service visit charge

Hello,

Our internet had been progressively getting slower, and eventually stopped working. The problem was a signal quality issue, as the signal strength on our modem registered at -20dB, well below an acceptable level. After working through the issue with a rep online, they told us they would send a technican out at no charge. When the technician arrived, he confirmed the signal quality issue with his own equipment and replaced a splitter outside our apartment, which restored the signal quality. Now, our latest bill has an additional $40 charge on it for an in home service visit. How come we are being charged when the root cause of the issue was faulty wiring outside of our apartment?

Official Employee

Re: In home service visit charge

Hi ghc1, I will assist reviewing this further for you, please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: In home service visit charge

Hi ghc1, thank you for working with me via private message.  Please feel free to reach out here on the Xfinity Forums if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you