Community Forum

In-home service fee?

New Poster

In-home service fee?

I had an issue with my internet connection and the agent on the chat couldn't fully resolve my problem, and then offered to schedule a tech visit as the next step. I verified multiple times (and the correspondence is recorded) whether there will be any fees or charges associated with that visit, to which the agent replied that there won't be any fees unless the tech will be asked to fix an issue that is not related to Xfinity.

The tech arrived and couldn't resolve my issue, only suggested that I check my equipment and that was it. To my surprise I find a $70 charge under 'recent charges' for in-home service fee. This is completely opposed to what the chat agent explained to me and according to our correspodence this visit was supposed to be free of charge. This is unacceptable and I demand for that charge to be fully removed from my account.

Official Employee

Re: In-home service fee?

Hello, maxmal. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear that your issue wasn't resolved and you were charged for the visit. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: In-home service fee?

Hello, maxmal. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!