Community Forum

In-home Service Visit Fee and Credit for Non-working system.

Regular Visitor

In-home Service Visit Fee and Credit for Non-working system.

Hello,

I'm curious as to why I am being charged a service fee when the issue was with your equipment and had to be swapped out. Before having someone sent out, I talked with customer support multiple times to try to resolve the issue over the phone, since it could not be fixed over the phone, it was scheduled for someone to come out.  I had been calling for ~1-2 weeks with the same problem and had very little service at the time.  I was told I would be credited for the time I did not have my service. I was informed by the tech that I wouldn't be charged simply because it was the equipment and not my problem. I have a $40 charge on my bill for an in-home service fee.  I would like to know where this information is and know why I'm charged when I was told I would not be.

Thanks,

Jordan Holt

Xfinity Customer

Regular Visitor

Re: In-home Service Visit Fee and Credit for Non-working system.

I discussed with an agent over the phone that my tv's upstairs were not working. We did all the recommendations suggested over the phone, nothing worked. The agent said she would send a rep, and if it was an equipment problem there would be no charge. It was an equipment problem. Both the plug in devices for the small boxes were defective. He said this happens all the time. He replaced these devices, but didn't need to replace the boxes. Problem solved. Now I get a $60. Service charge! I need it taken off my bill. 

Official Employee

Re: In-home Service Visit Fee and Credit for Non-working system.

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.