Community Forum

I was told my tech visit would be waived for an upgrade offer i received in the mail. It was not!!!

New Poster

I was told my tech visit would be waived for an upgrade offer i received in the mail. It was not!!!

Hello,

I received an offer in the mail to upgrade to the new xfinity xfi router/modem. I contacted xfinity

through the chat service and inquired about the new router/modem. The tech set up the appointment and I asked him if there was a charge. He said yes there was a service fee charge of $70 but he would waive the fee. I asked him if I could receive an email stating the fee was waived and he said no they couldn't email anything but he assured me the account would be notated and not to worry. Long story short, I was charged the $70 and xfinity is telling me they have no idea what i'm talking about. I would like this matter taken care of and not have to talk to 3 different people on the 1-800 line that don't care about customers.

Official Employee

Re: I was told my tech visit would be waived for an upgrade offer i received in the mail. It was ...

Hello fred103rd. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value all our customers, including you. I can assist with reviewing your account and the notations for the technician visit fee you were charged. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: I was told my tech visit would be waived for an upgrade offer i received in the mail. It was ...

Hi fred103rd. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!