Community Forum

I was SCAMMED by Xfinity customer loyalty rep!!!

Frequent Visitor

I was SCAMMED by Xfinity customer loyalty rep!!!

I spoke with the customer loyalty team representative about canceling my service or reducing the cost of my Xfinity services and we agreed on a package for $129 which includes 220 channels and HBO , but my internet speed would get reduced. This was a 2 year contract. I specifically asked if the HD tech fee was included and the representative said yes, there should be a recording of this!! Turns out that they didn't provide HD for my service and now want to charge me $10 a month for HD. I am calling the customer loyalty team back and they refuse to help. The representative (employee ID CSL) that i spoke with made me sign this contract without providing accurate information which i'm tied to for 2 years. This can't be legal! I would have never agreed to this deal if it didn't include HD! He specificaly stated that it was included in the bundle!!! I will report this issue to the BBB.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I was SCAMMED by Xfinity customer loyalty rep!!!

UPDATE: I ask to be transferred to a supervisor and they either hang up or transfer me to a different department, so far i've been transferred to billing or Xfinity mobile when asking to speak to a supervisor!

Regular Visitor

This sounds very familiar. I called about a month ago about a large increase in my bill and the loyalty rep agreed to eliminate the increase. He lied and when i called back they refused to honor their committment. If they don't loke your request, they will often transfer you to an irrelevant department or just disconnect your call.

Frequent Visitor

Looks like I’m being ignored on the forum too. I’m going to cancel if I don’t get help soon, looks like contract is okay to cancel within 30 days.
Frequent Visitor

Is anyone going to help or should I open a BBB claim? Unbelievable.
Official Employee

oscarm925, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had. Our goal is always to be as transparent as possible, and I regret to hear that we dropped the ball. 

I'd love to have the opportunity to review the account further with you to find a resolution. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

B"H  Record your phone conversations so that you have proof if you need to get help.  Analyze every single contract on line that you sign carefully. Realize legal implications of every click you make on their site or from emails they send.  Get name of customer service reps.  Their processes are automated, and information they give may be misleading but you have to read the words carefully because if you make a conclusion from something that is not specifically stated they have something to rely on.  It seems that different departments have different information levels; it is not like any employee can look at your account and tell you what is happening.  For example, there may be a bounced payment, but they may not be able to see it.  Even their financial department may not be able to see it, even several days after the bounce, so you have to call back again and again - but as they are automated and looking to grow, even if you reach someone who sees that there is a bounce on your account, and you want them to stop attempting to charge the acount and thus incurring more bank charges which will  deplete your bank account, they can't because their system charges three times and it can't be stopped.  So, before submitting an electronic check you have to know all the conditions.  It is a mass-produced program and they are looking to grow, so an individual's story is not likely to mean anything.  Signing into any online contract means that one is buying into undisclosed financial responsibilities.  This is the only way, it seems, in today's market, that they can offer consistent and wide ranging services at an affordable price.  One would want to contact the BBB, but there are not many Internet providers and it seems that for the price this type of customer service may be all that they are capable of.