Community Forum

I need to reduce my cable bill!

New Poster

I need to reduce my cable bill!

I originally got the Triple Play because it was a good deal for the 24 month contract but now I'm paying $246/mo for a phone line I don't use, dozens of sports channels I don't watch.  Prices just continue to soar and is more than my first car payment!!  I want to switch to Internet only!

Official Employee

Re: I need to reduce my cable bill!

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Like previous posters, we are at the top of premium service and need to reduce our costs.  I called yesterday, and was told about Individual Triple Play and Super Triple Play.  While Individual would reduce our bill, my husband wants things like the history channel and cookiing network.  Is there any way to pick and choose channels?  Otherwise, at the end of our contract, I'll be looking for new service.

New Poster

BTW, has Xfinity considered some kind of Senior packaging?  We're on fixed income and, while we watch TV a lot, we pretty much watch about 5 channels consistently.  I hate paying for all those extras and a Senior plan of some kind would probably attract a lot of Boomers.

Regular Contributor

@ericg518 wrote:

BTW, has Xfinity considered some kind of Senior packaging?  We're on fixed income and, while we watch TV a lot, we pretty much watch about 5 channels consistently.  I hate paying for all those extras and a Senior plan of some kind would probably attract a lot of Boomers.

I completely agree with you that long-standing, Senior subscribers to Comcast (Xfinity) services should receive special packaging. It is frustrating that packaging advertisements are only for "new" customers.

Regular Contributor

@VitaminE wrote:

@ericg518 wrote:

I completely agree with you that long-standing, Senior subscribers to Comcast (Xfinity) services should receive special packaging. It is frustrating that packaging advertisements are only for "new" customers.

BTW, I should have suggested that you send your concerns to Tom Karinshak, Executive Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast. There is an online form to do that: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/ways-to-get-help

If enough of us do that, perhaps Comcast will get the message...