Community Forum

I need help getting a late fee taken off my account.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I need help getting a late fee taken off my account.

Four days ago, I posted the below support request to Comcast's Reddit sub, but have not received a response as of yet, and I need my issue taken care of, because it arises from a screwup on Comcast's end:

Last month, I opened a support request on Comcast's Reddit sub, and was successfully helped. My issue back then was that Comcast's bill autopay charged my old credit card, even though I'd updated my settings to a new card. As it turned out, their system didn't properly update my settings at first.

I was very disappointed that they couldn't or wouldn't issue a refund on my old card, however. The rep that helped me instructed me to file a chargeback on the old card, and manually submit payment with the new card. So, I did just that. The chargeback process has been something of a circus, and as of today, is still showing as pending. I did make a payment right away with the new card, though, so I thought I'd be okay. But now I'm not.

Last week, I realized that a chargeback posted to my Comcast account on September 15, and so did a late fee of $10. Ugh. How come I didn't receive any notification from Comcast the day the payment reversal happened? I also received no notification from my credit card issuer. My dispute case with them still shows as pending as of today.

I guess because this process has dragged on for 6+ weeks now and more than one billing period, the chargeback now has me behind a payment? I need the late fee taken off my account. Why should I have to pay a late fee because of Comcast's screwup? Also, what is my best course of action right now? Should I make another payment to cover what I'm now short in my account, or wait for the next auto-pay? Is there any risk to my credit? I don't want my account marked delinquent and this affect my credit, all because of a screwup on Comcast's end.

TL;DR: Last month, a Comcast rep on Reddit suggested I chargeback a payment mistakenly made on an old credit card because their system didn't properly update my change to a new credit card. Chargeback process has dragged on for 6+ weeks and more than one billing period. Chargeback suddenly hit last week, without any notification from Comcast or my credit card issuer, and now I have a $10 late fee waiting for me. I need that late fee removed, and I need to know if I should make a payment now (or wait for the next autopay), and I need to know if there's any risk to my credit score or account because of this debacle.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: I need help getting a late fee taken off my account.

I've finally been helped already on my original support request on Comcast's subreddit, and so this thread may be closed or deleted or whatever. Thank you.