Community Forum

How long do I have to wait to be considered a new customer?

Regular Visitor

How long do I have to wait to be considered a new customer?

My bill recently went up by $20 for Internet 60mbps and Basic TV. I was paying $52 and now it is up to $72.  I tried calling to see about getting the bill lowered but have not had any success.  So I have explored my other options and found a good deal for Internet and TV through ATT.  So at this point I'm planning on canceling my service.  But want to know how long I need to wait to be considered a new customer since a new customer seems to get a much better rate than someone like me that has been with Comcast for almost 20 years.  

Thank you in advance. 

Expert

Re: How long do I have to wait to be considered a new customer?

@lbin7260 wrote:

My bill recently went up by $20 for Internet 60mbps and Basic TV. I was paying $52 and now it is up to $72.  I tried calling to see about getting the bill lowered but have not had any success.  So I have explored my other options and found a good deal for Internet and TV through ATT.  So at this point I'm planning on canceling my service.  But want to know how long I need to wait to be considered a new customer since a new customer seems to get a much better rate than someone like me that has been with Comcast for almost 20 years.  

Thank you in advance. 

90 days once you cancel all services.

If you plan on going with AT&T but want to bounce back to Comcast after those 90 days, make sure you know what AT&T's cancelation policy is.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  Yep, I am aware of the terms from ATT.  It is a one year agreement after the 30 day satisfaction guarantee.  So looks like I will be with them for  awhile.  Thanks!!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi lbin7260. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. Before you go and choose to leave us, perhaps there may be an offer we can extend to keep you here with Comcast. We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. I can assist with reviewing your account for lower cost options that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hey lbin7260, glad we were able to find an offer that works better for you. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums! This post has now been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you need any further help with your new offer, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.