Community Forum

How long before I am considered a new customer with Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

How long before I am considered a new customer with Xfinity.

I was wondering how long the grace period is before I am considered a new customer? We rarely use TV and I have already downgraded my cable package, but it is more expensive for me to cut the cable and pick up internet only with the same download rate. A new customer has an internet only incentive for $50 which would save me over $500 a year which is basically a weekend vacation. I am thinking about switching over to AT&T or just using my verizon hotspot for internet since I have unlimited data and can stream movies/games using that at the house. It's almost worthwhile to pull the plug on Xfinity entirely in May when my current contract is up.

Expert

Re: How long before I am considered a new customer with Xfinity.

@cmd11w wrote:

I was wondering how long the grace period is before I am considered a new customer? We rarely use TV and I have already downgraded my cable package, but it is more expensive for me to cut the cable and pick up internet only with the same download rate. A new customer has an internet only incentive for $50 which would save me over $500 a year which is basically a weekend vacation. I am thinking about switching over to AT&T or just using my verizon hotspot for internet since I have unlimited data and can stream movies/games using that at the house. It's almost worthwhile to pull the plug on Xfinity entirely in May when my current contract is up.

90 days before you're considered a new customer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: How long before I am considered a new customer with Xfinity.

Hi cmd11w. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. We certainly value your business, and want to make sure you are in a plan that fits your needs, and that is priced comfortably for you. I can assist with reviewing your account for lower cost options that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!