Community Forum

How do I dispute a charge for a 30-day free trial offer?

New Poster

How do I dispute a charge for a 30-day free trial offer?

In September 2016, I replied to a 30-day free trial offer.  When it didn't work for me, I returned the equipment in person at the Aston office and cancelled my service.  They assured me everything would be all right and I would not recieve any bills for the free trial offer.

Over 2 years later, I am still fighting to have it removed from my credit report!  

Today, I was turned down for a credit line increase and my banker cited the Comcast charge of $119 on my report!

It was lower but I disputed it and as a result Comcast increased the charge.  It was originally $73.  After I contested it, Comcast increased it to $119.  This is horrible.  How do I get this resolved?

I'm trying to buy a house and Comcast is hurting my credit score.  This is ridiculous.  Is this the thanks I get for trying out a new service?

Official Employee

Re: How do I dispute a charge for a 30-day free trial offer?

Hi there, BluMiracle. I can look into your billing history and try to help clear this up. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!