Community Forum

Home visit George

Highlighted
New Poster

Home visit George

My latest bill shows I’ve been charged $70 for an in-home visit. Prior to this visit I talked to three different people to ensure I understood what charges were applicable to in-home visits. I was told that if the problem was related to any of my equipment that I would be charged, however, if it was a Comcast related issue there would be no charge. The problem that I am still experiencing is that the modem with Wi-Fi router that I recently got from Comcast does not provide whole home coverage. I initially attempted to get assistance from Comcast technical service, however, they were unable to provide me Any solutions in the recommended an in-home visit. This is the first time I inquired about possible charges and was told that since it was a issue related to the range that the modem is putting out that is not my responsibility and there would be no charge. And appointment was scheduled and the technician ended up going to the wrong house so I never had a visit from Comcast that day. I called up Comcast and they made an appointment for next day again nobody showed up that entire day neither my wife or I left our property. A third reservation was made in the gentleman did show up, he change the amplifier in hopes that it may increase the output of the modem and router but that did not work. We then tried to move the modem with router to a different location of the house but the only other jack I had available was with a older cable that he said were not support Wi-Fi, he also stated that Comcast does not replace cables or install them. So he told me there was basically nothing that could be done any left. I never signed any type of worksheet indicating what work was performed any associated charges or whether my problem was resolved. I get a Email which reflects a $70 home visit charge I don’t think this is correct it’s your equipment they will not provide me the service that I was told would be provided prior to installing the new modem and Wi-Fi router I can’t ask contac email which reflects a $70 home visit charge I don’t think this is correct it’s your equipment that sre not providing me the service that I was told would be provided. Prior to installing the new modem and Wi-Fi router I asked a Comcast Customer service rep if the new equipment would be able to cover my home and I described where I had the modem installed and where the rest of the items that use Wi-Fi are located throughout my property and I was told there would be sufficient signal strength to cover all parts of my home – that was completely false - my service now is worse than it was before I changed the equipment. Secondly, I was under The impression that if Comcast missed a service call they would reimburse The client $25, well I had two of them and nobody gave me a penny. I thought Comcast was finally trying to improve it’s Customer service, however, sadly the only thing I can see is it’s all a façade, you make great commercials but you don’t change any of your policies that is why I will never Recommend any of your products to any of my family or friends.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Home visit George

same thing happened to me ?? hmmm!!
LLV