Community Forum

Help! Xfinity Account Closed and Paid in full! Sent to collections!

New Poster

Help! Xfinity Account Closed and Paid in full! Sent to collections!

Xfinity account closed December 2018 and paid in full when equipment was returned same day to the Federal Way store.<br><br>Was incorrectly billed and charged $160 by auto-pay in January 2019 after Comcast forgot to turn auto-pay off when the account was closed. I called customer service who reversed the charge, assured me the account was closed and the issue was resolved.<br><br>February 2019 I recieve a new bill for $160 for the closed account at my old address I haven't lived at for two months. I call CS immediately, they research, assure me the account is paid in full, closed and the issue is resolved.<br><br>March 2019 I start getting 10+ calls a day from a collection agency harassing me to verify my info. I assumed it was a scam. Today, I finally get a notice from the collection agency noting that Comcast is the Creditor who sent me to collections for $160 that I've never owed for an account that is closed! <br><br>Thanks for ruining my credit with your false billing claim. Fix it and your terrible Customer Service!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Help! Xfinity Account Closed and Paid in full! Sent to collections!

@AmberSEA wrote:
Xfinity account closed December 2018 and paid in full when equipment was returned same day to the Federal Way store.<br><br>Was incorrectly billed and charged $160 by auto-pay in January 2019 after Comcast forgot to turn auto-pay off when the account was closed. I called customer service who reversed the charge, assured me the account was closed and the issue was resolved.<br><br>February 2019 I recieve a new bill for $160 for the closed account at my old address I haven't lived at for two months. I call CS immediately, they research, assure me the account is paid in full, closed and the issue is resolved.<br><br>March 2019 I start getting 10+ calls a day from a collection agency harassing me to verify my info. I assumed it was a scam. Today, I finally get a notice from the collection agency noting that Comcast is the Creditor who sent me to collections for $160 that I've never owed for an account that is closed! <br><br>Thanks for ruining my credit with your false billing claim. Fix it and your terrible Customer Service!

Were you in a contract at the time you closed your account?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Help! Xfinity Account Closed and Paid in full! Sent to collections!

Hi, AmberSEA! Thank you for reaching out to us. I can check your closed account and see why you got a $160 charge. Please private message your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!