members

online now

discussions

Had to deactivate service due to funny rule

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Had to deactivate service due to funny rule

I signed up for Xfinity cable + internet bundle as a new customer. I tried this for 2-3 weeks. As the total per month was going up to $110, I decided to retain only the internet service and return the cable service. The lowest per month price showing up in Comcast promotions in my area was $39.99 for the internet. When I went to the Comcast shop to return the cable box, I was surprised to hear that I cannot get the internet service for $39.99 now as I was not a brand new customer anymore. The internet charge which Comcast would be charging me would be $64.99 + taxes. Frustrated, but left with no choice, I decided to deactivate both the cable as well as internet, even though I wanted to retain the internet service. How can a new customer who is in his trial period suddenly not remain a new customer? Does this mean that, once we sign up for a service, we must not change it even if we do not like it? Or prepare to pay more than everybody else. Also this clause was never discussed with me by any sales rep before or during signing up for the service initially.
Accepted Solution

Re: Had to deactivate service due to funny rule

I had the same issue when disconnecting Video but, with some inside knwoledge I had him remove the video portion first and then go back and check for a lower price on performance tier and snagged the 39.99/mo rate for 55M service.  You can go back now that you're not a current customer and sign up again at the lower rate.  The issue is the billing system won't offer you a low rate until you break the package pricing.

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

I had the same issue when disconnecting Video but, with some inside knwoledge I had him remove the video portion first and then go back and check for a lower price on performance tier and snagged the 39.99/mo rate for 55M service.  You can go back now that you're not a current customer and sign up again at the lower rate.  The issue is the billing system won't offer you a low rate until you break the package pricing.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply. Will I be considered a new customer now that I have signed up once?
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation