Community Forum

HORRIBLE customer service --- I need help with a billing issue

Highlighted
New Poster

HORRIBLE customer service --- I need help with a billing issue

I do not want to talk to an "automated" assistant: I tried that and it didn't work.  Comcast has HORRIBLE customer service. If I do not have someone contact me within a day, I will report this to the Better Business Bureau. My bill went up $20 for no reason. I want to speak to a LIVE PERSON about it, but it is impossible. 

Someone contact me immediately.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: HORRIBLE customer service --- I need help with a billing issue

@Huckfinn68 wrote:

I do not want to talk to an "automated" assistant: I tried that and it didn't work.  Comcast has HORRIBLE customer service. If I do not have someone contact me within a day, I will report this to the Better Business Bureau. My bill went up $20 for no reason. I want to speak to a LIVE PERSON about it, but it is impossible. 

Have you tried hitting '0' or speaking 'agent' when in the IVR?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

@Huckfinn68 wrote:

It's possible that a promotion that you were on has expired.  Do you read your billing statements each month?  There should be a notice in the statement regarding the increase.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yep, tried that. It will not respond to hitting 0. It brings you in a circle back to the main menu. Essentially, Comcast will not put a live person on the phone if you have a billing issue. Thanks, though.

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, that is what happened. But when I went into the Xfinity site to renew my package, I got to a page that said I need a new modem. Makes 0 sense since the package I'm getting is exactly the same and the modem is working just fine.  In any case, I don't mind getting a new modem (since I'm paying for it monthly anyway), but I have a question about it: Will the $14 charge that it's asking me to agree to be in lieu of my current charge for the modem? How do I get my new modem?  If it will be mailed to me, does that mean the new package won't work until I get it?  

In short, I have questions, and without anyone to talk to over the phone, I can get no answers to those questions. I'm going to try to go to Comcast store on Tuesday.  It's just frustrating because they're back to their terrible customer service. Every company is using Covid as an excuse for poor customer service. They need to hire more people; I'm sure people could use a job.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Join the club. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Yep, I tried the phone before my promotion ended, could not get through. I then posted here on April 17, no response. I then posted twice more. No response. I began preparing for switching to Verizon FIOS. I need to install a new outlet in the basement near the installation point. I then got a higher bill, but only a $5 increase. I paid it.

Today I got my new bill, a $20 increase over my normal rate. I posted a new post, but it will probably fall on deaf ears. I hate to switch to FIOS, but it looks as if that's my best bet. $39.99 per month for 200/200 Mbps service. $59.99 for 400/400 Mbps service. I will probably go with the $39.99 plan. It isn't a promotion either, though there is a Disney promotion with it for a year. 

Good luck