Community Forum

HD Technology Fee, Bait & Switch

Contributor

HD Technology Fee, Bait & Switch

Been a xfinity customer for 3 years and downgraded my package due to spiraling costs. I changed my plan on the xfinity website and saved a screenshot of the final confirmation page, suspecting that Comcast would try to pull a fast one. On the final "Review Your Plan" page, the HD technology fee is "Included." The X1 Starter Double Play promotional package is $79.00.

Now I look at my account and the promotional package is $84.99, and I have a $10 monthly HD technology fee. On top of a $60 installation fee to add a single XiD-C box. 

I'd love to have my bill reflect what I actually agreed to.

a.png
bs.png
Official Employee

Re: HD Technology Fee, Bait & Switch

Hi there, bb-24. I can look into your new bill. Can you please send me your name and the screenshot you took? 

Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thanks, the additional outlet part covers outlets the would need a tech install. So let's say A tech came to the home and you need the outlet activated, he would do that free of charge. As for the HD services, these are usually always bolted on with a charge. I can look at other promotions for you, but you may have to change the channel lineup for a lower price. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Nowhere does anything state anything about an additional outlet, or activation. It states service to addtional TV is included, now changed to service to additional TV for $9.95 x 3. 

Again, the HD technology fee clearly states it is included on the plan I signed up for and now I'll being billed for it. The package also increased $5 monthly. I had a similar issue which was resolved with a complaint to the Florida Attorney General's office so I'll go that way again.

Official Employee

Are you able to pull the promotions as you saw it before sighing up for it? 

Contributor

No, I get totally different offers now. The screenshot on my original post shows the offer before signing up for it. I just submitted the AG complaint so I'll resolve it that way.

1.png
2.png
Official Employee

Did you want to to cancel this services now, to get the 30 day money back guarantee? Sometimes after that it show more options for service bundles 

Contributor

No I don't want to cancel. I just want the services and bill that I signed up for and agreed to.

Official Employee

Well, it would not be a true cancel. What I meant is to take the 30-day money back guarantee, which lets me restart your account to see if I can find the promotion that was offered to you.  

Contributor

No I don't want to do that. I'm satisfied with the offer I signed up for and who knows if it would show up again. Even if I go through the order process with my current offers, there is no HD technology fee listed, see screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 14.13.06.png
Official Employee

I looked into the reoccurring price on your account right now, and it shows the same price in your screenshot. The 158 is the estimated price before the approval to change went through. The slight difference is due to taxes, depending on your region. Do you have a screenshot of a lower price than that? Also, we would need you to sign up for the eco bill discount, which would take 5 dollars off the 84.99 to bring it to 79.99

Contributor

We don't seem to be getting anywhere. The main issue I have is the HD technology fee of $10/month being included on the plan I signed up for. Now I'm being charged for it. I've been signed up for eco bill and autopay for 3 years and am still signed up. I'll wait for action on the AG complaint.

Official Employee