Community Forum

Got e-mail asking for payment

Contributor

Got e-mail asking for payment

But I am signed up for automatic payments.  Is there a new scam going on?

Valued Contributor

Re: Got e-mail asking for payment

Have you copied the message header details and forwarded to abuse@comcast.net for investigation?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

@quark12000 wrote:

But I am signed up for automatic payments.  Is there a new scam going on?

When you open the email does it have the official Xfinity logo?  That verifies the email is from Comcast/Xfinity. Is the email just a reminder that your payment is due, even if you have autopay set up?

If you don't see that logo, does the email ask you to verify something by clicking on a link?  If it does, when you place your mouse over the link [don't click on it] does it show a non-Comcast/Xfinity URL [look at the bottom left of your screen].  If yes, then it is a phishing email and should be reported.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Couldn't someone phishing, add the Xfinity logo into the email they send?

I have autopay set up and receive an alert email of the upcoming bill being due.  I've included a snapshot of part of the email and most of the embedded links are from cmp.cws.xfinity.com.

Joe V
EmailBillDue.jpg
Expert

And the link you provide is to a Comcast/Xfinity website.

As far as the logo, I think that is put there by the specific server the notification comes from.  Sure it could be spoofed, which is why I said to hover over any links.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@jav6joev wrote:

Couldn't someone phishing, add the Xfinity logo into the email they send?

I have autopay set up and receive an alert email of the upcoming bill being due.  I've included a snapshot of part of the email and most of the embedded links are from cmp.cws.xfinity.com.

Yes, it has that address.  Very confused.

Valued Contributor

It sounds like it is just the reminder email from Comcast. If you are set up for auto pay, then you probably can ignore the email and monitor your account to ensure the payment is automatically made.
Joe V
Official Employee

You're also welcome to contact our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team. Hours of Operation - 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week. CSA Toll-Free Number: 1-888-565-4329. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.