Community Forum

Getting Billed for rental modem i own, bought used, another modem being claimed as theirs Comcast.

New Poster

Getting Billed for rental modem i own, bought used, another modem being claimed as theirs Comcast.

Have contacted customer support 3 different times. All of those times said somebody will call to resove issue, never recieved calls. Modem bought on Amazon used 12/15/14.

Noticed a rental fee after modem did not work earlier in the year with the comcast forced upgrade to 3.0 modems. Somehow got it to work again with a selfinstall. That was when i started seeing the increase in my bill and rental charges.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Getting Billed for rental modem i own, bought used, another modem being claimed as theirs Comcas

Unfortunately, this happens a lot.  It's happened to me, as well, and as it was explained to me, the modem ownership status "switch" needs to be flipped in two places by two different departments, which often doesn't happen.  Then, when an automated audit happens, the AI thinks the modem belongs to Comcast and generates the letter.  A Comcast employee will need to address this;  they answer problems in the order they are posted, so it may take a while.

New Poster

Re: Getting Billed for rental modem i own, bought used, another modem being claimed as theirs Comcas

Still not resovled another bill with rental modem fee.