Community Forum

Furious Customer

New Poster

Furious Customer

I have had issues from day one of ordering service as I have only been connected since the end of August! I was reluctant to begin with due to past service but decided to give them a 2nd chance. Now I am beyond furious and frustrated! For starters, my whole purpose of service was for internet only. The rep informed me that the plan would include basic channels(the only + I have had). I was told I would have DVR as well (just realized I DON’T) not a big deal but disappointing. The following day I received the cable box only! Since I went with self installation I Made a call in to activate and inquire about the modem. I could not get the box going due to no prior service at my location. The rep informed me I would be charged $60 for a tech to come out.... um NO I just moved here why should I ? So after standing firm and pointing out I hadn’t received the main reason for service they told me they would waive the tech fee, along with the $50 deposit and send my modem with a tech the following day. Fine what’s 1 more day.... Tech arrived with no Knowledge of the modem!! Really?? Resulting in Another call to xfinity.. At this time I was informed NO note had been made to inform the tech about the modem delivery.. The Rep looked to see if one was being mailed to me~~ NOPE! Promising an Overnight delivery and 2 additional movie channels for 3 months for the inconvenience! 2 days later the modem shows up..... No Movie channels had been included ~ I called in once again and informed they hadn’t noted it in prior conversation!!!! Not had the $50 deposit being waived!!! I was assured that it was done now...... current problem ~ 2 weeks ago I made my 1st payment on time a couple days later bill comes in Reflecting charges starting before equipment had been received and connected, a charge for the $50 deposit and a $29.95 for installation when I did it myself!!!! Made a call once again!! Result: I was credited for the days I wasn’t connected and was informed a rep from finance would contact me 24-48 hrs...... I’m STILL waiting!!!! Last Night I received a call that my service would be suspended if a payment wasn’t made ASAP...... I just paid so I check my bank account it reflects they got their $..... I emailed them this morning to be informed I would receive a call in 24-48 hours!!!! Seriously? I’m outside the 30 day cancellation period how convenient, huh? The name may have changed since I had service last -5 years ago but that’s about it!!! Sadly, I for 13 years I promoted their service to my residents when I worked in the housing industry...... I’m sorry I signed up for the service at this point and I’m 2 seconds away from returning the equipment.. My business is dependent on internet and I have no other options due to location. My dream has become a nightmare at the hands of the Corporate World......
New Poster

Re: Furious Customer

You should have learned. Read all the horror stories about this company and their practices. They got your number...TWICE
Official Employee

Hi AbbyJo,

Sorry for the experience you are having with your services. I'd like to review your account to see how I can make this right. As for the deposit, the deposit amount must remain on the account for at least 12 months. After 12 months, the deposit will be applied to your account, if you haven't had a pending disconnection for non-payment within the most recent six months.

In regard to the install fee, since we eventually had to send a technician out to get the services activated, the charge for install is valid. Since you were not able to get everything connected, However, I would still like to take a look at your charges to see what I can do in this matter.  

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Official Employee

thomasans,

If you have any issues or concerns regarding your service, please feel free to reach out to me.