Community Forum

Fully paid up before terminating, getting weekly harassing bills

New Poster

Fully paid up before terminating, getting weekly harassing bills

Just curious if others have similar stories.


Three months before moving, I called to cancel service effective 8/30. I was toild i had to wait until a window of 30-2 days prior to cancellation. They would not cancel my service.


On July 31, I went to the billpayment walk-in center operated by Comcast. I told them that I would be cancelling service, effective August 30th. I also mentioned that I had been told over the phone that I had to wait until a month or less before my move, to close thye account. Service guy said he'd never heard about that. I told him to ensure my service would by cancelled August 30th and gave him my forwarding address.


On September 3, I think, I received a bill for two months' service - the last month I was at the old address, plus an extra month. It was sent to the new address I had supplied when informing Comcast of my cancellation of service., so clearly they got that message but were billing me for an extra month just in case I felt a sense of duty or gratitude or idiocy.

I returned to the Comcast payments place on September 5th, my first opportunity to do so, and once I was able to see someone, I was assured that only the one month was due; that we had somehow crossed in mail or something and guy told me to send in just the one month's bill and I'd be all set. I asked if I could make that payment. He allowed me the opportunity, again giving me assurance that service was terminated effective 8/30 although he said his record showed 8/31 (my billing periods ended on the 30th and I was scrupulous to ensure there'd be no pro-rated one-day bills, poorly calculated or otherwise). He told me I would receive no further bills.

That was five days ago and I just received another statement, also at my new address, for another month's service. I tried the contact form on the web portal, was unable to send a message. Also, the chat pop-up had no place to type any messages from my end. The other option was to request a phone call, which I then tried.

My phone rang immediately by robodialer, which hung up when I answered the call.

I am forwarding these details and the bills to my state's AG fraud office. Any similar experience or additional suggestions?