Community Forum

Frustrated with Bill and Service

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Frustrated with Bill and Service

Sorry, little bit of a long story. For last two months, my bill went up 35 dollars or so up to 260. Called for a new promo several times. Was told there was nothing that would let me keep my non-x1 equipment and current modem that would reduce price to what it was. But, I decided not to cancel, as I've been with Comcast 20 years. But still, that's a lot of money.

Called today to see about a 4 day extension to pay my past due balance of 260 on Friday. Was told that I could have until Thursday (3 days) and if I paid Friday, I would have to pay double that. It's ONE DAY!

I spoke to a supervisor, who recommended that I pay by check online on Thursday, because it wouldn't hit my account for a few days.
Now, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure creating a bank transaction without funds to cover it, is against the law. Why would you recommend that?

I said I didn't think that was a good idea and asked if there was any options at all,
and was told that previously they would have been able to help, but it changed in January 2017. Then she told me she understood that I might not be aware of that since I wasn't a customer then. This made me quite angry, and I let her know that, no, in fact, I've been a customer since 1999. It was an eye opening experience.

For less than what I'm spending, I can get real land-line service from Verizon that works reliably all the time, a great 2 year promotion from Dish, and reduce my Comcast to Internet only. My money is good anywhere.

Despite these continued negative experiences I've had,
20 years is a long time. I'm planning on calling customer service to discuss options one last time. I would like to know if for the New Year there are any promotions that are available for Triple Play (preferably non x1) and Internet Only. The staff here on the forum have always been helpful, so I wanted to ask here first.
Thank you.
Official Employee

Re: Frustrated with Bill and Service

Hi there, KCFR79. I want to help improve your experience. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!