Community Forum

Free internet

Highlighted
New Poster

Free internet

I see internet access will be free to everyone through year end. Remind me again why I’m paying full price for it?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Free internet

Where did you get that info about free internet?

just an old, dried-up crusty dude!
Highlighted
New Poster

Keeping everyone connected

As we return to a new sense of normal, we remain committed to keeping you connected to the services you depend on. Here's how:

Out-of-home Xfinity WiFi hotspots. These will remain available to anyone who needs them, for free, until the end of this year. This includes non-Xfinity Internet customers. Find a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots at xfinity.com/wifi.

This is off of Comcast’s response to COVID 19 email I received today.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It looks like that is for when you are not at home. Does it tell what you have to do to use the wifi, how to login, etc?

just an old, dried-up crusty dude!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

That's cool.  I was wondering if they were going to extend any of the covid measures.

As for why you're paying full price, well I must admit that I considered getting switched to the assistance plan since it seemed like a "heck of a deal" but I decided not to do it because my income had not cratered nearly as much as the people it was meant to help.  But for anyone who was and is pinched, if you can live with the limitations, then it's an option. I assume the cost of this is borne by some combination of investors and customers, but I'm sure they hope to make it back in good will later.