Community Forum

Fraudulent Billing - Recorded Call for proof

New Poster

Fraudulent Billing - Recorded Call for proof

Hey Xfinity Team! Is it standard practice in the industry to lie to your customers and deceive them? Or is it just Comcast? I am currently on a phone to dispute a charge I have NEVER agreed upon nor would have ever agreed. Upon setting up my modem I realized that there is no signal in my cable outlet. Turns out that the "fiber wasn't connected." Prior to sheduling the appointment the xfinity employee told me that there won't be any charge until the technicial comes out and analyzes the situation. I have never agreed to any work done during the technician's visit. Proof is the phone recording between your employee (legal representative) as well as a few witnesses. Please reach out to me so I can provide further details. Very disappointed!

I was told that there won't be any charges and yet a $60 charge was put on my account so that I can even use a service provided by Comcast. This is like buying a car but realizing at delivery that the engine comes at an extra upcharge. We were already doing self-installation and did not require any technician for that. 

New Poster

Re: Fraudulent Billing - Recorded Call for proof

Eric from Facebook customer Service was extremely helpful and helped me out in this matter. Excellent customer service! Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Fraudulent Billing - Recorded Call for proof

@Danielpaw

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get assistance on this. If there's anything we can assist with in the future, feel free to reach out.