Community Forum

Fraud Charge

New Poster

Fraud Charge

On 5/22 I paid my bill online using my debit card. I noticed on my bank statement the amount I paid and then above that another Comcast deduction in the amount of $1,037.58. It shows up as 2925 Courtyards Dr Peachtree Corners, Georgia. Called my bank tot ell them, called Comcast, they dont show that amount on my account, gave them the transaction code, said they can't find that, spoke to agent, who said to report debit card stolen as it was used in Georgia - I AM IN NH!!!!!! My bank said it could take up to 90 days to research this. Called Comcast fraud deparmtent and they said they do not have a record of it. Asked how the address and Comcast shows up on my statement and agent said it could have been for an old bill when I lived in Georgia. I NEVER LIVED IN GEORGIA!!!!! They said let my bank know and they will do an investiagation as to how it was used but thye would no tbe able to do anything. So someone in a payment center who is an employee of Comcast ran my debit card numbers and charged $1,037.58 and Comcast has no record of this?

What a waste of time dealing with a large company who could care less about customer service. What other fraud activities are they involved in? I have seen posts about this payment center running credit reports whne they are not suppose to as well as billing issues.

Expert

Re: Fraud Charge

FYI, absolutely avoid using a debit card or a direct debit from your checking account to pay bills. Use a credit card or an old fashioned paper check if possible. 

If a fraudulent charge should occur when a credit card is used, you're liable for no more than $50 iwhile an investigation occurs, but a debit on your checking account will keep your funds out of your hands for as long as it might take. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Fraud Charge

Hi JustEdMan. I can assist with submitting a Misapplied Payment research ticket for you. This will start an investigation into the charge. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!