Community Forum

Forced Equipment Upgrade Fee: Free or Fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Forced Equipment Upgrade Fee: Free or Fee

Recenly forced to upgrade all my equipment in order to keep all my connections and foriegn subscription, my son went to a Comcast/Xfinity store to setup the equipment upgrade/exchange and the installation and activation of the new equipment. The store employee took the order and stated that their may be an installation of $40. So, the February statement shows a "One-time" charge of $39.98. But the Xfinity service rep, stated that this upgrade and installation should be free. A family friend had their equipment upgraded and installed and they were not charged. There were other folks I talked to, that stated the same, there was no charge.

So, my question is, why am I being charged the $39.98? Can any Comcast/Xfinity person answer this?

Thank-you for your time

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Forced Equipment Upgrade Fee: Free or Fee

@2old2understand wrote:

Recenly forced to upgrade all my equipment in order to keep all my connections and foriegn subscription, my son went to a Comcast/Xfinity store to setup the equipment upgrade/exchange and the installation and activation of the new equipment. The store employee took the order and stated that their may be an installation of $40. So, the February statement shows a "One-time" charge of $39.98. But the Xfinity service rep, stated that this upgrade and installation should be free. A family friend had their equipment upgraded and installed and they were not charged. There were other folks I talked to, that stated the same, there was no charge.

So, my question is, why am I being charged the $39.98? Can any Comcast/Xfinity person answer this?

Thank-you for your time

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. That should not have occurred and I have removed those charges from your account. You will see a credit of $39.98 on your next statement. 

Apologies again and thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!