Community Forum

First bill is wrong

New Poster

First bill is wrong

So, after years of being away from Comcast (because I was tired of calling every month to correct my bill), i signed up last week.

Well, I got my first bill today, and guess what? Its wrong!!! I signed up for internet only at $54.99 per month for the 1st year. I was offered free shipping on the self install kit or I could pick it up at the local office. I opted to pick it up (which I haven't picked up yet). 

My bill today shows a shipping and handling charge of $15.00. This is so stupid. Right now, i am on chat with a representative and I had to explain this, even though the account notes that the shipping would have been free AND that I am picking it up anyways.

To top it off, the representative tried to say I will be credited back the charge on the NEXT bill!! I said no, I will not pay an erronious charge and be credited back. He has not supposedly fixed the current bill, but I am highly doubtlful (for obvious reasons).

Why can't Comcast handle such a simple bill? Even the service I had before was simple: TV & internet, same every month. Can someone tell me why they can't get it right, when Centurylink never sent me an incorrect bill in years of service?

Edit: also, the save chat conveniently doesn't work, so I had to take screen shots.

Official Employee

Re: First bill is wrong

Hi Xenuprime, I am more than happy to address your billing concerns for you. For further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: First bill is wrong

Hello Xenuprime, I am glad that we were able to get your questions addressed via private message. Feel free to create another post if you need anything else, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!