Community Forum

*Finances Effected by COVID-19!

Highlighted
New Poster

*Finances Effected by COVID-19!

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this message; I hope you are doing well in these crazy times.

I have been a loyal Xfinity customer for awhile now, and I work in a successful local restaurant. However, with everything going on with COVID-19, some restaurants have obviously closed, while others - including the one where I have been employed for over 5 years - have gone to "To-Go" service only. Though the owner of my business has no intention of closing in the foreseeable future, hours and earnable tips in the meantime have decreased naturally and substantially.  While praying for serenity and mainly focusing on the positive, some worry has crept in, mainly to do with my ability to maintain some of my living expenses.

To get to the point, I am essentially messaging you today to inquire as to what was going to happen with those customers of yours who are currently in similar unavoidable situations as me that limit their ability to pay bills in full. I am extremely grateful for all the services you have provided me, and have no desire to create any problems or sever any relationships. In that interest, I was wondering if you all had some kind of forgiveness program or workable pay plan in effect for the next couple of months or until this all settles down and things return to normal? I am able to work very little right now (2-3 days a week with less tips than usual), but once I return to a normal work schedule, I do have a high earning capacity and a desire to remain debt-free and on top of my finances as always.

As I said, I obviously do want very much to continue to be a customer of Xfinity, and appreciate any aid you may be able to provide me in this matter. Bless you all, and stay safe!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: *Finances Effected by COVID-19!

@FelipeAntonio wrote:

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this message; I hope you are doing well in these crazy times.

I have been a loyal Xfinity customer for awhile now, and I work in a successful local restaurant. However, with everything going on with COVID-19, some restaurants have obviously closed, while others - including the one where I have been employed for over 5 years - have gone to "To-Go" service only. Though the owner of my business has no intention of closing in the foreseeable future, hours and earnable tips in the meantime have decreased naturally and substantially.  While praying for serenity and mainly focusing on the positive, some worry has crept in, mainly to do with my ability to maintain some of my living expenses.

To get to the point, I am essentially messaging you today to inquire as to what was going to happen with those customers of yours who are currently in similar unavoidable situations as me that limit their ability to pay bills in full. I am extremely grateful for all the services you have provided me, and have no desire to create any problems or sever any relationships. In that interest, I was wondering if you all had some kind of forgiveness program or workable pay plan in effect for the next couple of months or until this all settles down and things return to normal? I am able to work very little right now (2-3 days a week with less tips than usual), but once I return to a normal work schedule, I do have a high earning capacity and a desire to remain debt-free and on top of my finances as always.

As I said, I obviously do want very much to continue to be a customer of Xfinity, and appreciate any aid you may be able to provide me in this matter. Bless you all, and stay safe!

Thanks for being a Comcast  customer. A full list of our response to the current situation is available at the link below: 

https:/wwwwxfinityy.com/prepare

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can ask the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issueonlinee if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

Hang in there.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!