Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC FOR YOUR FRAUDULENT PRACTICES

New Poster

FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC FOR YOUR FRAUDULENT PRACTICES

I went to Best Buy on 12/23/17 and was approached by an Xfinity employee. She claimed that she wanted to give me tips on how to save money. She asked to see my account and asked for my info to look at my plan. After a few minutes she explained how I can save money by purchasing a router and not renting it per month. She gave me a few pamphlets and that was it. I received an email that night that my plan was changed and they added Voice, which increased my monthly bill. I called the next morning and told them I NEVER authorized the addition and was never told anything was added. Then they tell me since my plan was changed, they no longer have the original promotion and so they cannot change it back. This leads to me having to pay more monthly for a plan I NEVER changed or ever wanted to change. I believe this is a scam they are conduction to swindle customers to change their plans and not have a choice and have to pay more.I just want to pay for the same plan I had with the same channels. It seems like this is a scam so customers have no other choice than to pay more money to keep a plan they already had. I found a link to verify that this is a common practice at Best Buy stores. This is almost the same thing that happened to me. I was approached and did not consent or authorize anything and then received an email stating that I had changed my plan. 
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Unauthorized-Change/td-p/2908419

FCC2.JPG
Expert

Re: FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC FOR YOUR FRAUDULENT PRACTICES

Hi @aries225. Sorry, that happened to you. Unfortunately, since you filed FCC complaint you'll have to wait for it to be resolved through those channels, the regular CS reps won't be able to help you. For future reference, if you ever have any issues, you can post on these forums and a corporate employee will help you. Good luck, I hope you get it resolved soon!

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.