Community Forum

Extra Monthly Fee for X1

Regular Visitor

Extra Monthly Fee for X1

I have the Digital Starter package and had the included box for years (plus four additional small set top boxes). I received a letter a couple months ago for a free upgrade to an X1 box, so I did the self install option. After the X1 arrived and was connected, I took the old box to my local Comcast office.

Now, for the last two months, I'm being charged an additional $9.95 a month for "Service to an additional TV with TV Box". Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Extra Monthly Fee for X1

This is a billing error. There is possibly a charge, depending on your area, for the primary box, but it is $2.68 and was recently implemented.
I imagine what happened, when you returned your other box, it wasn't put in right, and you are being charged for it. AKA, service to an ADDITIONAL tv box. (that is the correct charge for any secondary non-adapter boxes, @ 9.95.) You just need to speak with billing.
Regular Visitor

Yes, it's obviously a billing error and I already have the number to call for the billing department. I was just hoping I could get some official help from Comcast on the forums before calling. I have some social anxiety issues and I try to avoid phone calls whenever possible.

Official Employee

Hello twayney, thanks for reaching out! I would be more than happy to further look into this billing concern for you. Please send me a Private Message including your full name for assistance. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks, but I've already had someone call on my behalf. We got everything sorted out.

Official Employee

Fantastic, I am delighted to hear that! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns, we are here 24/7. Enjoy the rest of your week. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!