Community Forum

Expiring contract. Options?

Frequent Visitor

Expiring contract. Options?

Good morning.   I noticed that my 2 year contract will be expiring next month,  after that,  it seems my bill will be going up quite a bit.

I called and spoke to a rep to see if there were and promos that would allow me to keep my current services.   They told me about Super Triple Play,  but it would require changing out equipment and moving to x1.  They said there was no other options. 

I've always been very happy with Comcast and I would like to continue being a customer.  Is there really no way to keep my services exactly as they are, and at their current pricing levels?   I'm not looking to pay less,  I just want to keep what I have.   Is it possible to extend or sign a new contract?   I'm willing to lock in to Comcast.   But my bill is already almost 240 a month.   I really can't pay more right now... 

Thank you for any assistance. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Expiring contract. Options?

I haven't heard from anyone yet.   Should I try calling again?   Is there a particular department I should ask for? 

Thank you. 

Frequent Visitor

I have not heard back from Comcast or seen a reply from an employee yet.  I really don't want to leave Comcast,  but I will need to start looking at other options.  It seems it should be possible to extend or otherwise rebundle an existing rate for a long time customer. Without having to change my services or rent new equipment...  If I have to get used to new equipment,  pay more to start renting a modem (I just bought my own a few months ago, and deal with a tech visit,  what is my incentive to stay?

I just want to keep what I have without paying a ton more... 

Thank you.   I look forward to your reply. 

Frequent Visitor

It's been two weeks and I am sad to say that I have not heard from anyone from Comcast. I am now actively looking at competive options elsewhere. I will not be able to afford a rate increase.
One last try to reach out... Is there anyone that I can contact about keeping my current rate and equipment?
Thank you?
Contributor

People I know play the bouncing game.

They bounce to FIOS for 2 years then bounce back to Comast or Cablevision or Spectrum .

That seems to be how the game is played.