Community Forum

Existing Elderly Couple Ripoff Rates

New Poster

Existing Elderly Couple Ripoff Rates

Hello,

I'm pretty angry with a call I had with Comcast about my elderly parents billing cost for service (they are almost 90 years old and live on Social Security)!  They have triple play (tv, internet, voice), but NOT even X1!  Their "discount" (of $25) ran out and my mom and I , spent 40 minutes on the phone with some jerk who could not give them a better deal than $202 per month.  No X1, medium speed internet with many tv stations they don't even want, but they have to or they can't get Sports or the Pac12 channel (not even HD...).   They really only want about 20 channels.  Comcast apparently has no "senior discount" or anything for this type of people.  If you are a new customer, it is $129.99 per month which is reasonable.

Any ideas how to get this price down?  Does Comcast have other programs?  Seems to me they would want to keep a customer, but apparently not.  Currently, we are looking at AT&T since they seem to be way cheaper even on a go forward basis without discounts. 

Any help appreciated.

Jim 

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Existing Elderly Couple Ripoff Rates

Official Employee

Re: Existing Elderly Couple Ripoff Rates

Hi, Jim13t13 - We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. We have many satisfied customers paying the Everyday Price for our products and services. If you an authorized person on your parent's account, please send me a private message with your name, account holder name, address, and a phone number. I will check if we have any available promotions for your parents' account. Thank you.