Community Forum

Erroneous Report to Credit Bureau

New Poster

Erroneous Report to Credit Bureau

In March of this year I was contacted by a credit bureau stating that my comcast account was past due, knowing this wasn't right I got off the phone with them and contacted comcast directly.  They were able to see that a payment of $286 was paid on time but wrongfully applied to an old account by comcast.  The CSR advised that nothing was past due and that they would handle the issue so it wouldn't be reported.  August I called back to advise that it was showing up on my credit and why was that when I had been told there wasn't a problem.  In submitting a dispute the credit agency still shows this is a past due amount so comcast has not informed them that it isn't past due!  My account has since been closed and I was issued a credit so if I owed why would that be?!?!?  I need this fixed and a letter from comcast showing I don't owe anything and that I NEVER owed anything so I can get this off my credit report!  Please help!

Official Employee

Re: Erroneous Report to Credit Bureau

Hi Larieal,

I understand why this would be frustrating and am sorry for the experience you've received while trying to get this resolved. I'd like to look further into this to see how I can make this right. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.