Community Forum

Elaborate SCAM involving Xfinity Billing

Highlighted
New Poster

Elaborate SCAM involving Xfinity Billing

About three weeks ago I was contacted by Move Smart Inc (also called themselves SmartMove Inc), who said they are Xfinity's authorized agent. The offered a 6-month promotion of the Xfinity Pro+ package at a discounted price, but I'd have to pay them the total upfront ($336). At first I did not believe it,

but without me sharing any personal detail, they promised to give me a testing period. THEY WERE ABLE TO SWITCH MY XFINITY BROADBAND AND PROGRAMMING PACKAGE WITHOUT ME SHARING ANY OF MY PERSONAL DETAIL. AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS THEY CALLED TO REAFFIRM THAT THEY WERE AN

AUTHORIZED AGENT ASKED IF THE PROGRAMMING AND BROADBAND CHANGES WERE GOOD, which indeed it was.

They said my billing with Xfinitiy will be credited by the required amount for the promised period. After that I actually called Xfinity billing and confirmed that indeed there was credit.

After all this I made a payment to Move Smart Inc.

A week later I noticed that Xfinity generated a new bill and I found that the credit (ech transfer?) fell through and there was even a $25 charge for "insufficient funds". That is when I realized this was an elaborate scam by someone who

1) WHO IS ACTUALLY A COMCAST AUTHORIZED AGENT

2) who has the ability to switch xfinity package selections

3) who took money from me for furture services for which I am currently being charged again, and at a much higher rate by Xfinity.

I have filed a detailed verbose complaint with Comcast security to make sure other customers don't get scammed.  I am going to tell my bank to not deal with this company's account for any transfers. I will be complaining to the local police to mark their phone number and I will also post this on BBB.

Please treat this as important, and ensure you DO NOT AUTHORIZE SUCH AGENTs.

I would like Xfinity Billing to work with me to fix the messed state of my Xfinity account.