Community Forum

Early termination fee

New Poster

Early termination fee

I am posting on behalf of a woman living with a traumatic brain injury.
She subscribed to Xfinity service, with full package. All movie channels, phone, highest internet option. A fullboat triple play...
She moved from Houston after one year. She went to the Xfinity office in Salt Lake City, and "continued" fullboat triple play for another year.
When she moved again, it was discovered that Comcast, did not service her new address.
She made arrangements to turn in her equiptment, and paid every penny they ask for, in person.
Comcast turns her over to collections, saying she terminated early...
Turns out, when she moved, instead of transferring the triple play package, they started a NEW contract. However, they never indicated her contract was cancelled and started over (another 2 years).

I am going to pay the bill. Then I am going to file a complaint with Social services about the scam. I am also going to file with BBB warning that Comcast will take advantage of mentally challenged persons.
She paid for 25 months if triple play with all the movie channels, and Comcast still wants more!
Expert

Re: Early termination fee

@MovingMadness wrote:
I am posting on behalf of a woman living with a traumatic brain injury.
She subscribed to Xfinity service, with full package. All movie channels, phone, highest internet option. A fullboat triple play...
She moved from Houston after one year. She went to the Xfinity office in Salt Lake City, and "continued" fullboat triple play for another year.
When she moved again, it was discovered that Comcast, did not service her new address.
She made arrangements to turn in her equiptment, and paid every penny they ask for, in person.
Comcast turns her over to collections, saying she terminated early...
Turns out, when she moved, instead of transferring the triple play package, they started a NEW contract. However, they never indicated her contract was cancelled and started over (another 2 years).

I am going to pay the bill. Then I am going to file a complaint with Social services about the scam. I am also going to file with BBB warning that Comcast will take advantage of mentally challenged persons.
She paid for 25 months if triple play with all the movie channels, and Comcast still wants more!

Early termination fees are discussed in the contract.  Moving to an area that Comcast doesn't service means that a customer is effectively breaking the contract, not Comcast, so the ETF would apply.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Read the post please
She moved yes
She continued full service with ZERO reduction or change of for 25 months.

The contract NEVER states "moving starts a new contract"
The original agreement of 2 years was fulfilled. She was unaware of a new start/end date. She thought she was signing papers for new equipment to CONTINUE service. She was tricked/railroaded into a new contract. She did not ask for ANY CHANGES. Only a new address for the SECOND year of her contract (at a Comcast serviceable address). Comcast took it upon themselves to just start a new contract, and tricked her into thinking she was signing for equipment responsibility.
New Poster

Ok. I paid collections. Now I get the privilege of making certain that Comcast, is not easily able to scam persons with disabilities any longer. This is not a training mistake, this is a coached practice to start a new contract, even if not required, or requested. I look forward to posting this deceptive practice on every forum I can access.