Community Forum

Early termination fee LIES

New Poster

Early termination fee LIES

My husband reached the end of our contract and we discussed
Renewing or Changing service. I wanted To go to Dish. However My husband called Comcast and explained we would be moving to an area without Comcast service within the year of our new contract. The rep stated they would waive the fee if he signed to a new contract. Obviously it was just to make the sale, Because we just moved and are being charged $175+ With more to come. They explained they can’t pull calls over one year old. This is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. We have had a dozen conversations with managers (Hi Nina!) and they were all terrible. Not even an offer of partial credit. We are awaiting another managers call back, supposedly, but can promise you when Comcast moves to our area (Planned in the near future) we will Be petitioning the HUNDREDS of new houses on our road to go with anyone else with full accounts of our experience. Your TEN YEAR LOYAL CUSTOMER and the couple hundred bucks you want to charge us will cost you tens of thousands in our up and coming neighborhood. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. DONT BELIEVE THE LIES. You should all be ashamed to be part of this business.
Expert

Re: Early termination fee LIES

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!