Community Forum

Early Termination with no service

New Poster

Early Termination with no service

I became an Xfinity customer in March of this and have genuinely enjoyed Comcast ,until now.
I contacted Xfinity about moving my service to a new address only to find out they do not service my new home area. About a month after being forced to cancel, I receive a bill for $170 early termination fee - WHAT? How is it my fault Xfinity doesn't have service in my new residential area?

I called and spoke with a customer service rep asking the fee be removed. She refused to waive the fee and told me, "it was my decision to move, not Comcasts.
Needless to say , that situation infuriated me. I would have switched back to Comcast the second they expand into my area, but after this I think I can say I'm done with Comcast. Leaving customers to pay for a service that they can not physically provide is just crazy.
#poorcustomerservice
Expert

Re: Early Termination with no service

@Jkirk06 wrote:
I became an Xfinity customer in March of this and have genuinely enjoyed Comcast ,until now.
I contacted Xfinity about moving my service to a new address only to find out they do not service my new home area. About a month after being forced to cancel, I receive a bill for $170 early termination fee - WHAT? How is it my fault Xfinity doesn't have service in my new residential area?

I called and spoke with a customer service rep asking the fee be removed. She refused to waive the fee and told me, "it was my decision to move, not Comcasts.
Needless to say , that situation infuriated me. I would have switched back to Comcast the second they expand into my area, but after this I think I can say I'm done with Comcast. Leaving customers to pay for a service that they can not physically provide is just crazy.
#poorcustomerservice

You're the one that moved into an area that Comcast doesn't service, probably because of franchising agreements; Comcast does not cover 100% of the U.S..  Since you are in a contract, you are the one that effectively broke the contract, not Comcast.  The ETF is valid.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Early Termination with no service

Which if that's the case, that's fine. However, if I were to ever move again to a Comcast area, or Comcast comes to my current area, they'll no longer get my business.