Community Forum

Early Termination Fees For Moving Out of Service Area

New Poster

Early Termination Fees For Moving Out of Service Area

I had originally signed up with Comcast back in May of 2017. I signed a 3 year contract at a really good price as I had the intention in living in that area for at least 3 years. Stuff happened and I had to move. When I moved, I called Comcast to transfer my service to my new address as I wanted to keep my service. I was told by Comcast customer service that the area that I moved to is not serviceable by Comcast. I asked about cancelling my service and I was told by Comcast customer service that there would be no Early Termination Fee since I am moving to a non-serviceable area. Today, 1.5 months later, I receive a bill for $300 with a $280 Early Termination Fee. I called again and they said that I was told wrong and that this is a valid charge. I do not understand how this okay for Comcast to do. I have seen at least 5 other forum posts on here by other people with this same problem. Comcast really needs to get there stuff together. They are out right lying to customers. I will never being using Comcast again. This is ridiculous.

Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Early Termination Fees For Moving Out of Service Area

@crloveman wrote:

I had originally signed up with Comcast back in May of 2017. I signed a 3 year contract at a really good price as I had the intention in living in that area for at least 3 years. Stuff happened and I had to move. When I moved, I called Comcast to transfer my service to my new address as I wanted to keep my service. I was told by Comcast customer service that the area that I moved to is not serviceable by Comcast. I asked about cancelling my service and I was told by Comcast customer service that there would be no Early Termination Fee since I am moving to a non-serviceable area. Today, 1.5 months later, I receive a bill for $300 with a $280 Early Termination Fee. I called again and they said that I was told wrong and that this is a valid charge. I do not understand how this okay for Comcast to do. I have seen at least 5 other forum posts on here by other people with this same problem. Comcast really needs to get there stuff together. They are out right lying to customers. I will never being using Comcast again. This is ridiculous.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Re: Early Termination Fees For Moving Out of Service Area

Hi crloveman -- The information provided by Community Expert Again is correct. Moving outside of our service area breaks your end of the contract agreement and results in ETF's. That said, if you were told you would not be charged ETF then we will honor that. I will need to review your call history to confirm this was told to you. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll be able to review your calls with this information.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.