Community Forum

Early Termination Fee

New Poster

Early Termination Fee

What would be my early termination fee if I am approximately 1 year into a 2 year agreement for my HD Premier XF Triple Play. Would it cost anything to downgrade to just internet

Problem Solver

Re: Early Termination Fee

Hello joshprudden,

The early termination fees (ETF) for a Triple Play two-year term agreement (not including XFINITY Home Security) starts at $230.00 and declines every month by $10.00. So approximately one year into an agreement, if the services are completely disconnected, the ETF's would be $120.00.  Also, if you are on a contract and downgrade your service to XFINITY Internet only, you will not be charged an ETF. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

If i lost my job and can't pay for xfinity how much would termination fee be?
Expert

Angiriver92 wrote:
If i lost my job and can't pay for xfinity how much would termination fee be?

It's usually $10 x the number of months left on your contract.

And make sure all equipment is turned in within 10 days of canceling or charges for equipment might ensue.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi Angiriver92. If you would like to know the exact amount of your ETF's, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Hello, I have a 24 month contract with a triple play including home security.
How much would my early termination fee be if I was to downgrade to a double play with no home security?
It has been almost 1 year since the signed contract
Thanks
Tags (1)
Expert

Forrestturner wrote:
Hello, I have a 24 month contract with a triple play including home security.
How much would my early termination fee be if I was to downgrade to a double play with no home security?
It has been almost 1 year since the signed contract
Thanks

There is no ETF for downgrading as long as you keep one service.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Visitor

I was on a double play package and downgraded at the store to internet only.  I was told that there would be a ETF of $10 for every month left of the contract which is seven months equalling $70 ETF. Several places on the forum show that is only if you drop all the services.  The store employee didn't seems to care the forums indicate that it shouldn't have an ETF if I am downgrading.

Can you clear this up?

Expert

@ajkimminau wrote:

I was on a double play package and downgraded at the store to internet only.  I was told that there would be a ETF of $10 for every month left of the contract which is seven months equalling $70 ETF. Several places on the forum show that is only if you drop all the services.  The store employee didn't seems to care the forums indicate that it shouldn't have an ETF if I am downgrading.

Can you clear this up?

As long as you keep one level of service, you can downgrade or upgrade during a contract with no penalty [no ETF].

Official Employee

ajkimminau-- Again is correct, you will not be charged for an early termination fee if you are keeping some sort of service. I would be happy to check your account and assist you further from here. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.